About YouthWorks ~ Summer 2022


YouthWorks Application

Welcome! This is the application form for the FHCareers YouthWorks program for Summer 2022. Please look over the information below and then continue to Page 1 of the application.

About YouthWorks

Who manages YouthWorks in my local area?


YouthWorks Partner:
Franklin/Hampshire MassHire Career Center
Website: https://www.masshirefhcareers.org/
Phone: 413-774-4361

What is YouthWorks?

YouthWorks is a state-funded youth employment program that helps teens and young adults get the skills and experience needed to find and keep jobs. Participants take part in paid short-term work placements during the summer and/or school year at public, private, and nonprofit worksites.

Participants also receive training in soft skills to practice professional behaviors and learn how to relate to supervisors and co-workers at their worksites. And they learn how to take the next steps in their education and career pathways. All YouthWorks programs use the Signal Success curriculum to help young people learn and practice the skills that matter at work, school, and in life.

Visit the Commonwealth Corporation website to read more about the statewide YouthWorks program.

What are the eligibility requirements?

AGE. A young person is eligible to participate in the YouthWorks program if they are between the ages of 16 and 21 at least some time during the period of programming.

INCOME. A participating young person must have a family income for the most recent six-month period that does not exceed 200% of the federal poverty level. For youth who are still enrolled in school, the program can accept evidence of eligibility for free lunch or reduced lunch under the federal program. [Note: The income level necessary to qualify for a reduced lunch is 185% of poverty level.]

OTHER FACTORS. Our program funding also asks that we serve young people with a variety of different factors such as, DYS/foster care, court involvement, young parents, homelessness, Covid-19, and we may ask for documentation about these factors.

What paperwork will I need?

To get started, you will fill out the online application on this website. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Social Security Card
  • Proof of household income (may be from school free/reduced lunch status)
  • Other documentation may be requested based on grant funding.

FHCareers | PY2022-2023_Cycle1 | Franklin/Hampshire