About YouthWorks ~ Summer 2023


Thank you for visiting this page. The application form is now closed. Please check with local schools, youth programs and the Career Center to find out about program opportunities.

About YouthWorks

Who manages YouthWorks in my local area?

YouthWorks Partner:
Website: https://www.masshiremvwb.org/youth/

What is YouthWorks?

YouthWorks is a state-funded youth employment program that helps teens and young adults get the skills and experience needed to find and keep jobs. Participants take part in paid short-term work placements during the summer and/or school year at public, private, and nonprofit worksites.

Participants also receive training in soft skills to practice professional behaviors and learn how to relate to supervisors and co-workers at their worksites. And they learn how to take the next steps in their education and career pathways. All YouthWorks programs use the Signal Success curriculum to help young people learn and practice the skills that matter at work, school, and in life.

Visit the Commonwealth Corporation website to read more about the statewide YouthWorks program.

What are the eligibility requirements?

AGE. A youth is eligible to participate in the YouthWorks program if he/she is between the ages of 14 and 25 at least some time during the period of programming.

INCOME. Participating youth must have a family income for the most recent six-month period that does not exceed 200% of the federal poverty level. For youth who are still enrolled in school, the program can accept evidence of eligibility for free lunch or reduced lunch under the federal program. [Note: The income level necessary to qualify for a reduced lunch is 185% of poverty level.]

OTHER FACTORS. Our program funding also asks that we serve youth with a variety of different factors, and we may ask for information about documentation about these factors.

What paperwork will I need?

To get started, you will fill out the online application on this website. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Social Security Card
  • I-9 form (eligibility to work)
  • Photo ID
  • Other documentation may be requested based on grant funding.